- Information About Us
- Standard Terms & Conditions
- Fair & Acceptable Usage Policy
Please read the following pages carefully and make sure you take time to understand fully the information contained here.
If you have any questions please contact us using the email address email@example.com.
Information about us
www.visionfibremedia.com is a website operated by Vision Fibre Media Limited.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8003317 whose registered office is
Silvaco Technology Centre, Compass Point, St Ives, Cambs, PE27 5JL. Our VAT number is GB 159 7127 80.
We are regulated in the UK by OfCom. We are also a member the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) who are the providers of an independent alternative dispute resolution scheme about both of which you may find further details below under “Complaints”.
You can find out more about both by clicking on the links below:
Please read the following Standard Terms and Conditions carefully as they constitute the terms of our agreement with our customers.
Below is the abridged version, please make sure you consult the full documentation before placing your order. The full Standard Terms and Conditions can be seen by clicking here.
Our Standard Terms & Conditions
All of VFM’s Services are available by ordering online and you place an Order with us by following the online Order process or by calling Customer Support and placing a telephone Order.
Your submission to us of an Order confirms your acceptance of these Terms and creates an Agreement between you and us incorporating the terms.
VFM’s Services will only be supplied to an address which is able to receive the Services (which you can check using our online address checker) and you must be at least 18 years old when you place your Order with VFM.
If you wish to terminate services supplied to you by another provider, you should check whether you are responsible for any cancellation or other charges or other liability as a result of the termination of your current service contract. We are not responsible for any such charges or liability nor will your services be terminated automatically by subscribing to VFM’s Services.
When ordering the Services, you must provide a valid email address and you are responsible for maintaining and regularly checking this email address. You can update details of your email address in the online Customer Support Centre on the Website. We will generally use this email address to contact you for all purposes under the Agreement (although we may use other methods).
Upon receipt of your Order we will either send you an email confirming receipt and acceptance of your Order (and upon such confirmation such Order will become binding on you and VFM on and subject to the terms of the Agreement) or notify you that we are unable to accept your Order (in our sole discretion) in which event we shall have no obligation to you whatsoever in respect of the Services stated in the Order.
If we accept your Order, at the time of confirmation of our acceptance we will provide you with further details of when we expect to be able to connect you to the VFM Network.
If after receiving or accepting your Order VFM cannot provide you with the Services, we will notify you. Your Agreement will terminate and any Charges you have paid will be refunded to you.
Also, please be advised that by placing an Order, you agree that VFM, or third parties acting on our behalf, may carry out credit checks on you using the information that you provide.
Please take time to read the full documentation which can be seen by clicking here.
SUMMARY – In short:
- Vision Fibre Media is agreeing to supply you with the services you have requested.
- If you are signing up for one of our broadband services then we’ll provide you with all the equipment you need including a router. This remains our property and we ask that you take care of it.
- The minimum term is 12 months or 18 months depending on the service you are signing up to. After this point your subscription will become a rolling monthly one. If you decide to cancel before the minimum term has expired you will be liable for a cancellation fee equal to the outstanding amount of the full term of the agreement.
- If you are an existing customer upgrading your package you agree a further 12 month contract from the date of the new service package becomes live will be applicable.
- You’ll need a functioning email address to sign up so that we can communicate with you about your installation and service. Please make sure you update this if it changes and keep monitoring your inbox.
- If you are signing up for a telephone service it is very important you understand that if electricity is cut to your home your phone line will not work correctly. You should have an alternative method to call 999/112 in an emergency.
- You can move with your service provided you’re moving to a location that we provide a service to. If not then you will be liable to pay a cancellation fee if you are still within the minimum term of your agreement.
- Our broadband and telephony services are for residential and private purposes, not business.
- If you live in rented accommodation than we assume you have sought approval from your landlord first. Please make sure you have done so.
- Please make sure you download a copy of these terms, read through and understand. Please direct queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fair & Acceptable Usage
This FAUP is intended to give guidance to you in understanding the types of usage which are unfair and/or unacceptable. The list below is abridged and not intended to be exhaustive but should help you understand what behaviours will not be tolerated.
Please make sure you take time to read through the full version of our FAUP which can be seen by clicking here.
You may use our network and Services only for lawful purposes. You may not use our network and Services:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is criminal, illegal, unlawful or fraudulent, or has any criminal, illegal, unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, publish, post, contribute, distribute, disseminate, collect, access, encourage the receipt of, use, upload, download, record, review or stream, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any pyramid selling schemes or any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam) (and should you do so we reserve the right to block any such materials or solicitation and treat such activity as a breach of this FAUP).
- To knowingly or negligently transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, corrupted files, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment owned by VFM or any other Internet user or person (except where you pass samples of malware in a safe manner to appropriate agencies for the purpose of combating its spread).
- To carry on activities that are in breach of any other third party’s rights, including downloading, installation or distribution of pirated software or other inappropriately licensed software, deletion of any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded, falsification of the origin or source of any software or other material or that fail to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 when collecting or using an individual’s personal information as defined in that Act.
- To monitor or record the actions of any person entitled to be in your home or business premises without their knowledge or any person or thing outside of your home or premises including, without limitation, any public highway or roadway or another person’s home or business premises.
- To collect, stream, distribute or access any material that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally collected, streamed, distributed or accessed.
This is the abridged version, please make sure you read the full policy which can be seen by clicking here.
We may collect process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in any forms on our website www.visionfibremedia.com
- The types of data we collect may include names,
addresses and email addresses.
- We keep a record of all phone calls and emails to our support centre in order to improve our service.
- If someone abuses or damages the VFM telephone network, for example by making offensive or nuisance calls, we may keep information relating to that abuse.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
The data we store
All data is kept in secure locations that are password encrypted and not shared with 3rd parties.
The data we store is only kept and collected in order to provide a better service for our customers, be that online or as part of the services we provide
Please make sure you read the full version of this policy which can be seen by clicking here.
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms on which you may make use of our website www.visionfibremedia.com (“our website”), whether as a guest or a registered user.
Accessing this Website
Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.
When using our website and our Internet services, you must comply with the provisions of our Fair and Acceptable Usage Policy. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Content of this website is copyright of Vision Fibre Media Ltd.
Vision Fibre Media Ltd
Silvaco Technology Centre, Company Point, St Ives, Cambs, PE27 5JL
Registered in England and Wales under company number 8003317
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.